Per the Experience New Orleans website there are a few changes this year:
• More security and bag checks.
• Every group will start in a fenced-in corral.
• The top 500 fastest men AND women will receive a commemorative print.
• There will be more runners this year than last year. (26k estimated)
• You will see people running for charity.
• More Food Trucks, drinks, music and larger Fun Zone for the kids.
This race started in 1979 with 902 participants, the Crescent City Classic has long been a New Orleans tradition. It was even featured recently in Runner’s World magazine.
This race course runs you right through the best of New Orleans, including the historical Jackson Square,tree-lined Esplanade Avenue and a finish at the beautiful City Park.
This will be the race’s 36th year and is only getting bigger every year.
Thanks to Eat Fit NOLA’s Fit Find Giveaway of the Week I will be joining the thousands of runners this Saturday morning.
You can read my race recap from last year’s experience here.
It’s not too late to sign up. If you missed online registration you can still sign up at the Expo and join the fun this weekend! For more on this race check out their website.
What races have you ran in New Orleans? Which are your favorite?