Well it wasn’t a stellar week but it wasn’t all bad either.
Monday: Slow 3 miles on the treadmill after Sunday’s hot,muggy 10 miler.
Tuesday: Bootcamp which included stations this week so worked out perfect. (Walking lunges, box step-ups, squats with weights, etc)
Thursday: Jungle Gym Workout at Prep & sluggish 3 miler which was suppose to have been 4-5 miles
Saturday: Bootcamp with Drexel
Sunday: 11 mile run. Felt strong til mile 10 then started puttering out. Very hot!
Lessons learned this week:
- Need to drink more water, especially during the work week.
- Continue taking vitamins even though they get tiresome.
- Restock on bananas! Potassium is very important with the heat. I especially learned this lesson on Thursday evening when I got hamstring & calf cramps very bad. This is very unusual for me.
- Don’t forget to bring Salt for your long runs. This will help prevent cramping as well.
- Cross-training does make you stronger!!! Recovery came easier. Focus on FORM!
- You will make mistakes. Learn from them and move on. Don’t get discouraged.
Here is a great & well timed article I found on Runner’s World on training through the heat. Check it out here.
Looking for some Strength Training tips? Check out the Women’s Running Website here for examples on Dead Lifts, Knee Crunches and more from the book “Quick Strength for Runners” by Jeff Horowitz. I MUST get this book!
How is your summer training going? What tips do you have to keep going?
My Motivation? IMAugusta70.3Relay 47 days out!!
# KeepPushing Forward