Today on May 1st Heroes VIP race registration opened for the St. Jude Memphis Half/Full Marathon which will be held on 12/5/15. I have chosen this as my destination race this year. Not Disney not Nike not NYC, I have chosen St. Jude. Why? because St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital means Hope, Faith and a test of Strength for many people. The doctors, nurses and supporters of St Jude have added additional memories for some to share with their loved ones and for others it is the possibility to ease the pain since the toughest cases come to Memphis for a chance to be saved. Some have won their battle against childhood cancer and some have lost. I have set up my Heroes fundraising page and it is called “Never Forgotten”. I am running and fundraising for those that lost their loved ones too young in life and for those that are still fighting in the hopes of a cure. Please consider donating on my page, afterwards send me the name of someone that you have lost or someone dear to you and I will write those names on my St. Jude singlet as remembrance when I run the Half in Memphis on Saturday, December 5, 2015.
Why I am passionate about St. Jude:
- Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20 percent to more than 80 percent since it opened in 1962.
- St. Jude is working to drive the overall survival rate for childhood cancer to 90 percent in the next decade. They won’t stop until no child dies from cancer.
- Because the majority of St. Jude funding comes from individual contributors, St. Jude has the freedom to focus on what matters most – saving kids regardless of their financial situation.
- St. Jude was founded by the late entertainer Danny Thomas, who believed that “No child should die in the dawn of life.”
- St. Jude is where doctors often send their toughest cases because St. Jude has the world’s best survival rates for some of the most aggressive childhood cancers.
- St. Jude has treated children from all 50 states and around the world.
- On average, St. Jude has more than 67,000 patient visits each year.
- It costs $1.8 million a day to operate St. Jude. 70% of the funds come from public donations from people like yourself.
- Thanks to donors like you, families never receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing and food – because all a family should worry about is helping their child live.
For every child treated at St.Jude, thousands more have been saved worldwide through St. Jude discoveries. Let’s not forget those that we have lost and help those that are still fighting.
Please consider making a tax deductible donation to support this wonderful cause. My personal Heroes fundraising page can be found HERE.
Thank you deeply for your support!
Watch this VIDEO on St. Jude to see why I want to “Run for a Reason”
For those wanting to sign up for General Registration it will be available on June1st.
Please share with me your blog recaps if you have ran this race previously. Thanks!
Please visit my St. Jude Heroes Fundraising page: