Summertime in the South is NO JOKE!
We have the weather app open in a moments notice for flash storms and heat waves that can occur at anytime. You have to be able to adapt whether its frozen water bottles,Gatorade and hand towels stocked in the freezer or being flexible on what time you get your miles in.
A few tips:
- Apply sunblock before you are head out, BUT make sure its sweat-proof. You DO NOT want the sting of sunblock in your eyes a couple miles down the road.
- For achy joints DO NOT put icy hot on before a run outside. Trust me it is not pretty. It will hurt like a #@%!# ! (Yes I have done this recently)
- Drink lots of water several hours before and after you run to stay hydrated.
- If you gotta take it inside to the treadmill then do it!
- Change it up and go biking or take a class if the weather gets too dicey.
- Don’t forget to stretch adequately before and after your workouts.
- Treat yourself to a frozen Popsicle or frozen Gatorade after your sweltering run.
- If you see a sprinkler GO FOR IT!!!!