I am feeling the urge to get back to it. Recently I have been looking at race calendars to see which ones coming up would be a good fit.
There are so many personal categories to fill when picking a race:
- Do I have a family conflict with the race date? Does hubby have work?
- Does my daughter need my car that day? Does she have work or a test?
- Can I sign up race day? Is there parking? What will the weather be?
and then the self doubt creeps in……
I know, you are probably thinking that I am thinking too much about it and I should just pull the trigger. Your right. We tend to defeat ourselves with our mental state. So what I probably wont PR since I have done a race in five months.So what I haven’t been running 3 times a week regularly. Why do we put so much doubt in ourselves? It is true what they say it is mostly mental. Why do we talk ourselves out of it with self doubt before we even get out of the door?
Let’s shut up the mental game by keeping it light and fun!
- Buy yourself those new shoes or pants you have been eyeing
- Freshen up your track list or podcast and zone out
- Download a new app such as “Zombies, Run!”
- Pick a change in scenery or sign up for a new race
Remember why did we start this to begin with?
- To look better naked?
- More all around self confidence?
- Drop a pant size?
- Be more social?
So commit yourself by signing up for something ahead of time, get back out there. It just may not be as scary as you think. After all I am sure your faster than a Zombie!